Welcome to SIRDI
Reference No: Expression of Interest no: SIRDI 02/2022 Deadline: 09 September 2022
SIRDI is seeking the services of a Research Coordinator who will be responsible for the implementation of technical research programs, developing and achieving the sustainability of the Institution’s research in the medium to long term. SIRDI now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing the service.
Scope of Work:
1. Develop, plan and lead the initiation of research study protocols, and the establishment of operating policies and methodologies.
2. Plan, implement, maintain data collection and conduct analysis of research data, adhering to the research protocols. 3. Promote and disseminate research findings, technologies and innovations amongst the industry stakeholders;
4. Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
5. Act as the focal point for the research staff and as the liaison for regional and international research institutions and industry stakeholders. 6. Collaborate in preparing the annual work plan with Budget and Monitor the progress of research activities in line with the AWP; develop and maintain records of research activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by the stakeholders and funding agencies.
7. Develop scientific methodologies and scientific publications for research programs based on the needs of the industry such as but not limited to Soil and sugar cane nutrition, Varieties, Management of Pest & Disease, Weed and Irrigation.
8. Collaborate with the development of project proposals that will attract and secure external development funding to achieve the institution’s objectives.
9. Perform other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Director.
1. A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience 2. Experience as a head of unit or similar position
3. Developing research protocols and experimental designs.
4. Good command of data processing and analysis using Statistical Software and interpretation of results.
5. Knowledge in sugarcane variety development program or related programs.
6. Knowledge of sugarcane breeding or selection.
7. Good planning and coordination with the institutions’ team and stakeholders of the sugar industry.
8. Good command in developing and prioritizing research programs.
9. Experience in financial management and donor agency procedures and protocols
Skills and Knowledge:
1. Excellent organizational, managerial and leadership skills
2. Must have strong initiative, assertiveness, be results oriented and self-motivated.
3. Exceptional communication and public speaking skills and an ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical counterparts.
4. Good planning, programming and reporting skills
5. Good understanding of the industry dynamics and challenges.
6. Ability to foresee industry needs to determine research programs.
7. Ability to prepare research protocols, scientific papers and presentation of results.
8. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Statistical Programs.
Master’s Degree in Agronomy or related field
Further information (including a copy of the TOR) can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Interested persons must submit their application package via hard copy or email. Inclusive of letter of application, resume, proof of qualification and two recent reference no later than September 09, 2022 at 3:00 pm to:
Sugar Industry Control Board
Attn: Mr. Marcos Osorio, Chairman
Mile 66.5, Phillip Goldson Highway, Buena Vista, Czl, Bz